Production Operation Team Member
Reports To: Team Lead
Reporting Employees: Production Operations Team Members
Work Schedule: Each incumbent will be assigned a set work schedule based as agreed upon by Plymold. Overtime may be required pending business need:
A: 10 hrs/day, 4 days/week
B. **Part-time (less than 29 hours per week)
**A set work scheduled as agreed upon by Plymold
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for performing a variety of jobs involved in the manufacturing of furniture products of varying complexity including manufacturing of products, equipment operation, warehousing operation, machine set-up, housekeeping, and basic preventative maintenance activity. This employee-owner can expect to be cross-trained in multiple areas of manufacturing operations to improve the safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance of Plymold.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
As work activities vary by assigned work cell, frequency and duration of activities will fluctuate. The following is in no particular order and will be completed according to standard operating procedures:
- Perform fabrication of wood or metal furniture products such as chairs, tables, or cabinetry items using hand tools;
- Safely use hand tools such as hammer, staple gun, electric drill, nail gun, palm sander, and equipment typically found in a woodshop;
- Varnish / stain wood products utilizing pneumatic equipment, rag, or as directed;
- Operate industrial sewing machinery;
- Perform basic preventative maintenance and trouble-shooting of equipment;
- Identify, inspect, and report product defects;
- Prepare furniture for shipment;
- Accountable for performing manufacturing operations skills based upon work cell assigned;
- Achieves desired cycle time pace, quality standards, and safety procedures;
- Understand and use daily and weekly production schedules;.
- Crosstrain in related functions and assist others in obtaining cross-functional capabilities;
- Foster a supportive work environment where you are stating daily: Let me help!
- Participate in team meetings and communicate across cells to assure effective operations function;
- Initiate and support continuous improvement and elimination of waste and variation in processes using established improvement processes; generate and document solutions and continuous improvement ideas in established manner;
- Possess and hold in good standing a Plymold Forklisft Operator License upon request;
- Other duties / projects as assigned.
POTM will be expected to progressively develop skills, knowledge, and abilities based upon multiple work cell assignments. POTM will be expected to work to LEVEL assigned, with the goal to move to the next level within identified timelines. as POTM advance levels, the base hourly rate of pay will increase.
Level 1: $19.00 per hour
Level 2: $20.15 per hour
Level 3: $21.39 per hour
Level 4: $22.95 per hour
**$2.00 per hour 2nd shift differential additionally
As Plymold. is a manufacturer of furniture; the employee-owner could also be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes, and loud noise in the manufacturing setting. Due to time spent on the manufacturing floor, the employee-owner must be able to tolerate exposure to these workplace characteristics. The employee-owner must also follow allow company safety procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment while on the production floor.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employee-owners with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
- Manual Dexterity - Ability to be able to move your hands quickly to grasp, manipulate, or assemble.
- Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Typically bends, stoops, and turns/pivots to move/perform production activities
- Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without "giving out" or fatiguing.
- Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 70 pounds on a rare basis, 21-50 pounds occasionally, and up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis. Typically pushes, pulls, and grasps wood products to complete production tasks. A 2-person lift Is required for anything over 50 pounds.
- Stamina - The ability to exert you physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath; must be able to walk/stand for the duration of the assigned shift in intervals of 3-4 hours in the department assigned.
- Dynamic Strength - The ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue
- Multi-limb Coordination - The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting or standing. Typically requires full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products and/or tools.
- Gross Body Coordination - The ability to coordinate the movement of your arms, legs, and torso together when the whole body is in motion while performing production functions.
- See, Hear and Communicate - Sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
- Must be be at least 18 years of age
- Preferred Education: GED or High School Diploma
- Experience: None
- Preferred Experience:
- 1+ year solid work history
- Prior use of wood shop tools including electric tools, staple gun, band saw, table saw, belt sander, palm sander, and tape measure preferred or must have ability to become proficient quickly.
- Prior experience within lean manufacturing setting preferred.
- Required Skills:
- Willing to work overtime as needed, and be able to work well under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow standard operating procedures.
- Fulfill the commitments you make and treating everyone with the respect they deserve.
- Upholding the values of Foldcraft through words and actions
- Promoting positive team performance and effective work performances.
- Ability to work alone or as a team with minimal supervision
- Adheres to established standard work process and fully understands established quality standards.
- Follows and adheres to all safety policies, including maintaining a safe and organized work area.
- Actively submits suggestions that will improve standard operations.
- Demonstrable cognitive ability to read words in English, follow verbal and written instructions in English, and work independently.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure to 1/16".
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- Must reside within a reasonable distance of assigned location.
- Preferred Skills:
- Working knowledge of personal computers and office machinery preferred.